If you have received an FY20 Partner, Project, Arts Education Program or Vibrant Communities Grant in support of a spring program/event/season that has been rescheduled or canceled due to COVID-19:
- The National Endowment for the Arts has also just released information to GCA regarding state administration of CARES Act funds. We have been planning for this notification and continue to diligently work to maximize the impact and effectiveness of these funds in a way that ensures a fair, transparent and smooth process. These new grants will be in addition to, and not in place of any existing GCA contract, or amended contract. We will share details and guidelines as soon as possible.
- GCA grant funds CAN be used to support a funded, rescheduled event (previously included in the GCA grant contract scope) even if the event will now occur after June 30, 2020. HOWEVER, GCA must be notified of the new date in writing via this form before May 14, 2020. As of this writing on 3/19/20, rescheduled programs must be held prior to December 31, 2020.
- If a GCA grant funded event/program/production/season is canceled, GCA must be notified of this decision in writing by May 14, 2020.
- GCA grant funds can be used to reimburse expenses incurred for the funded program up to the date that the decision to cancel is made.
- GCA/NEA grant funds may not be used to support work that hasn’t/won’t occur (full payment without services rendered). However, where a contract is in place that includes a cancellation clause, federal funds and/or state funds may be used to satisfy those contractually obligated expenses including but not limited to venue cancellation fees, hotel deposits, etc. We suggest that you have conversations with your vendors and see if they are willing to forego cancellation fees and non-refundable deposits because the spread of the coronavirus and subsequent gathering and travel restrictions arguably constitute force majeure events which excuse performance under a contract.
- Grantees may request to utilize the remainder of the grant funds to cover eligible, ongoing arts related operating expenses within FY20.
- A request to amend use of GCA grant funds must be made in writing, signed by an authorized individual on behalf of the grantee, and submitted with an updated, amended budget, and an amended scope of work via this form.
- Partner Grant recipients only need to contact GCA if cancelations result in changes to the goals stated in the GCA contract.
- GCA staff must be contacted in advance of the deadline, and all forms must be submitted no later than COB on May 14, 2020.
- To the extent that you are currently negotiating contracts for this FY (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020), please ask vendors to include a force majeure clause that identifies the outbreak of a disease as an event that would excuse performance under the contract or a flexible cancellation clause that allows for cancellation without the payment of a penalty or forfeiting any down-payment or deposit
- If you received an FY20 Partner or Project Grant and need to communicate changes/cancelations to GCA please contact Tina Lilly at TLilly@gaarts.org or 404-962-4827.
- If you received a FY20 Arts Education Program Grant or Vibrant Communities Grant and need to communicate changes/cancelations to GCA please contact Allen Bell at ABell@gaarts.org or 404-962-4839.
- All utilized Project and Arts Education Program Grant funds must be matched dollar for dollar.
- All utilized Vibrant Communities Grant funds must be matched $0.50 on the dollar.
- All questions concerning contracts, payments or contracted related forms should continue to be addressed to Delilah Johnson-Brown at DBrown@gaarts.org or 404-962-4837.
FY20 Cultural Facilities Grantees are assumed to be able to complete a scope of services warranting full use of GCA grant funds. Should that not be the case, please contact Tina Lilly with any concerns or questions prior to April 22, 2020.